Computers and Electronics
I am an Electrical and Computer Engineering student with a 4.0 GPA and years of industry experience in PCB (PWB) layout, CCA design, build, test, and embedded systems. I have been working in software, electronics, and electrical circuits since high school through nonprofits, my own business, NASA, Ultra Electronics, and Raytheon as a contractor and intern.
Electrical/Electronic and Computer Engineering Contractor
USSI / Ultra Electronics - Fort Wayne, Indiana (March 2018 to present)
- Design, simulation, fabrication, assembly, and testing of electronic designs.
- Design, develop, implement, and test embedded software.
- Responsible for adding a daughter board to the controller board of an HS-10 to enable wireless streaming, and for updating the software to enable streaming via Bluetooth.
- Developed schematics and generated Gerber files for PCB fabrication.
- Peer reviewed schematic and board layout. Revised schematics and ran board level design rule checks (DRC). Worked with team to select and order parts for a new design project.
- Tested circuits to ensure finished product met requirements.
Electrical/Electronic and Computer Engineering Intern
Raytheon - Fort Wayne, Indiana (May 2018 - August 2018)
Part of team developing dynamic software for an autonomous collaborative system that will use artificial neural networks to enable UAVs (unmanned aerial vehicles) to work together to accomplish tasks and utilize the unique strength of each UAV. Wrote over 1700 lines of code.
Electrical/Electronic and Computer Engineering Intern
NASA - Langley, Virginia (2017)
Design, simulation, fabrication, assembly, and testing of electronic designs
- Designed a mission-critical circuit board that will be used on a lander.
- Evaluated design architectures for a DC-DC buck converter for Navigation Doppler Lidar (NDL).
- Created designs for highly efficient power and that fit within a minimal area.
- Designed circuits; developed component models with Altium; ran LTSpice simulations.
- Additional projects involved analysis, Webench simulation (SPICE - based simulator), Cadence, and correcting an existing buck regulator design.
- C for Arduino
- Certified in Agile Software Development by NASA
- Artificial Intelligence
- Artificial Neural Networks
- PCB / PWB
- Eagle CAD
- LT SPICE
- Embedded systems
- Google (Drive, webmaster tools, research)
- Microsoft (Windows, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Visio)
- SketchUp Pro
- Apple (iOS, OS X, Pages, Keynote, Numbers, iMovie)
- Bethesda Creation Kit
- Canon CHDK
- Hammer World Editor
- Adobe Photoshop Elements
Lean / Six Sigma / Agile
Certified Yellow Belt (click here for certificate)
Trained in Scrum and Agile Software Development
Using Lean / Six Sigma principles at work and in volunteer activities.
- Designed and built a full-size, fully functional R2-D2 astromech droid, including the circuit boards (see my blog to track my progress as I add more functionality)
- Designed and built a particle accelerator and a supercomputer (Beowulf cluster) to run the particle accelerator
- Designed worldspaces for Valve and Bethesda games
- Assembled my own 3-D printer and made 3D models in Google SketchUp 8
- 3-D printed models using a MakerBot Replicator
- Designed and built my own desktop computer
- Built several electronic devices:
- Burglar alarms
- Capacitor Substitution Box
- Resistor Substitution Box
- Yap Box
- Digital Bird
- Slot machine
- Digital dice
- Several robots
- Telephone bug
- Sound-activated switch
- Digital Christmas tree with carols
- Computer power switch
- Hypno Cube
Electrical/Computer Engineering and Electronic Engineering - 4 weeks
Ultra Electronics - USSI, Columbia City, IN (2016)
Worked with designer to develop new schematics. Generated Gerber files for PCB fabrication. Peer reviewed schematic and board layout. Revised schematics and ran board level design rule checks (DRC). Identified replacement part candidates for obsolete parts in a design. Participated in project planning meeting to ensure schedule would meet customer requirements. Worked with team to select and order parts for a new design project. Helped with the development of a Java GUI for sonar buoys that allowed end users to retrieve critical data without accessing proprietary buoy software. Tested circuitry of buoy and debugged failure (cold solder joint), then repaired. Assembled buoys and tested mechanical and electrical circuits to ensure finished product met requirements.
EE Events and Additional Engineering Classes
- Sci-TEC: Power, Circuits and Strategies
Winner: Best Design and Implementation of Electrical Circuits
(Challenge: in one hour design and build two circuits meeting certain requirements, provide schematics for those
circuits plus create schematics for five additional circuits, then accurately measure the voltage drop and the amperage
for one of the two built circuits. I was the sole person who met all the requirements and had the correct answers.)
- Battle of the Bots
Winner: 2nd Place Overall
(Use VEX and EV3 parts/software for robot design. Work in teams to test the robots in a series or tasks.)
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
Top Student Overall
(Soldering, build an AM radio, assemble an LED oscillator that plays a siren, create an electronic Simon
Says game, program an Arduino Uno, build a robotic mouse with optical sensor, make a thermometer
that displays the temperature and runs a fan once a certain temperature is reached.)
- Raspberry Pi
(Programming in Python and Scrap; Familiarity with Linux.)
- Microsoft Imagine Cup Team
- Electrical Circuits
- Electronics Circuit Analysis
- Programming (Arduino)
- Digital Circuits
- Computer Programming I, II, III
- Computer Hardware Design
- 4-week Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering and Electronics Engineering Externships
- Engineering Study Abroad (Germany)
- Society of Women Engineers
- IEEE; Vice President (2018-19)
- Association for Computing Machinery; Vice President (2018-19)
- Math Club; President (2018-19)
- Fort Wayne Engineers
- Electronic Technicians Association (2015 - Present)
- Society of Satellite Professionals International
- Astromech R2-D2 Builders Club
- Midwest R2 Builders Club
- Arduino Users Club
Visit my Blog, filled with all of my latest projects, here.